Depression can affect all of us at one time or another; however, if you feel that your feelings of sadness, apathy, or irritability are interfering with your everyday functioning, therapy can help. In therapy we can discover possible roots of your depression, ranging from current life situations to past experiences, as well as look at the thoughts and habits that may be perpetuating these symptoms. We will work together to process your past so that you can move beyond it, and help you create healthier, more adaptive coping strategies.
Common symptoms of depression include:
- Lethargy and loss of energy
- Feelings of guilt, shame, or self-blame
- Low self esteem
- Changes in appetite, sleeping habits, or libido
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Lack of motivation and difficulty making decisions